Senior NEPA/Environmental Planner
HMMH is an international leader in environmental, sustainability and transportation planning for the aviation, surface transportation, and federal markets. We find innovative solutions to solve complex problems affecting our environment and are dedicated to quality and client satisfaction. We are known for our expertise in noise and air quality analysis, airport and airspace planning, environmental reviews, sustainability management and renewable energy solutions. HMMH operates across the U.S., and is a certified Women-Owned (WBE) and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) in over 30 states. We are also growing and looking for a Senior National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) Planner to join our team! The successful candidate will be involved with a variety of projects and will be responsible for the leadership, coordination, and development of environmental review documents that comply with NEPA and relevant state level requirements for a diverse number of markets.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong understanding of the NEPA process for transportation projects and will contribute to environmental and planning projects across HMMH’s practice areas. Project work includes the preparation, planning, analysis, and review of technical studies, NEPA documents, planning studies, and other relevant documents. Although some projects will require independent work, the candidate should have experience supervising small to large technical and professional teams. This position often requires involvement in public engagement and stakeholder outreach activities and coordination with multiple local, state, and federal agencies. The position will be responsible for operating successfully as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Provide overall project management of NEPA / state environmental review projects, preparation, analysis, and review of related reports and technical studies
- Oversee all aspects of environmental projects, including scope, schedule, and budget
- Manage and coordinate both HMMH staff and subconsultant consultant teams
- Provide technical expertise and market knowledge for proposals and project pursuits
- Develop and maintain client relationships to grow business
- Mentor and manage junior staff
- Provide oversight, direction, management, QA/QC, and ongoing open communication to staff and subconsultants
- Attend and participate in public meetings and hearings
- Bachelor of science or master’s degree in environmental planning, environmental science, or related fields of study
- 10+ years of professional environmental/planning experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with NEPA requirements, experience with municipal master plans a plus
- Demonstrated leadership, collaboration, and staff management experience
- Self-starter with excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong conceptual, organizational, problem solving, and research skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience planning, facilitating and/or presenting at public meetings hearings
- Project or task management experience
- Burlington, MA
- New York, NY
- Washington, DC
- Anaheim, CA
- Potential for remote work
HMMH offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and a positive work atmosphere. Our firm offers opportunities for professional development and career growth within the company to dedicated and strong performers.
HMMH is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
HMMH is committed to helping our clients operate sustainably, and that includes addressing our own carbon footprint. HMMH strives to ensure a balance of people, planet and profit in our business, and are a proud corporate partner of the Good Traveler Program to offset our carbon emissions from travel.