Aviation Environmental Services Consultant
HMMH addresses environmental issues at airports; since our founding in 1981, HMMH has delivered expert assistance to more than 200 airports worldwide. The focus of our Aviation Environmental Services Group is to analyze, evaluate, and find solutions for airport environmental issues. We prepare noise and air quality studies, develop sustainability plans, evaluate and develop mitigation plans for environmental impacts, contribute to environmental documentation, engage the public, and ensure regulatory compliance. Many of our consultants have backgrounds in aerospace/aviation, flight procedures, physics, math, engineering, environmental sciences, or other technical fields.
We seek candidates with solid technical, quantitative, and technical writing backgrounds to join our firm. As a consultant at HMMH, you will have an opportunity to work independently but also learn from senior staff as you:
- Use your quantitative skills to analyze data to determine noise and air quality results
- Find creative, technically sound, and appropriate solutions to technical problems
- Participate in data collection, including measurement trips
- Actively communicate with project team members and clients to contribute toward delivering high-quality technical documentation
- Assist clients in compiling aircraft operations, correspondence, and land use data
- Assist clients with responding to public inquiries regarding aviation noise issues by phone, in-person meetings, and public meetings
Specific assignments may include analyzing aircraft flight track databases and other aviation or environmental data sources to create inputs for modeling of environmental effects around airports and affected communities, statistical data analysis, contributing to the development of software tools, drafting environmental reports and NEPA documentation, and acoustical testing for sound insulation projects for example.
- BA, BS, or MS in a technical field (aerospace/aviation, physics, math, engineering, environmental sciences, or other technical fields)
- 1-5 years of experience in a similar field
- Strong writing skills and ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated interpersonal and collaborative communication skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Experience using GIS for data acquisition, analysis, and reporting functions
- Data management and programming experience (specifically SQL, Python)
- Demonstrated experience supporting team presentations and public meeting participation
- Interest in acoustics, air quality, aviation, and environmental issues
- Burlington, MA
- Washington, D.C.
- New York, NY
- Anaheim, CA
HMMH offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and a positive work atmosphere. Our firm offers opportunities for professional development and career growth for dedicated and strong performers. We are a Great Place To Work certified firm, demonstrating our commitment to creating an environment where employees take pride in their work, trust and respect their colleagues, and develop a strong camaraderie across the organization.
HMMH is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
HMMH is committed to helping our clients operate sustainably, and that includes addressing our own carbon footprint. HMMH strives to ensure a balance of people, planet, and profit in our business and is a proud corporate partner of the Good Traveler Program to offset our carbon emissions from travel.