Senior Air Quality Consultant
HMMH is looking for an experienced Air Quality Consultant to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience leading and contributing to technically challenging air quality projects, emissions modeling and inventory development, emission management and reduction planning, and air quality analysis for NEPA documents. The successful candidate will have project management experience, and although some projects will require independent work, the ideal candidate will have experience supervising small to large teams of technical and professional staff.
This position will contribute to environmental and planning projects across HMMH’s practice areas but will focus on aviation.
- Developing emissions inventories (criteria pollutants and greenhouse gases)
- Conducting computer modeling of air pollution dispersion
- Performing statistical and geospatial analyses of air quality data
- Analyzing mitigation measures
- Supporting the development of climate change strategy/action plans, goals, and modeling and setting of science-based targets
- Contributing to environmental assessments and impact statements
- Critically reviewing and interpreting local, state, and federal environmental regulations
- Maintaining client relationships and managing the development of deliverables to meet client needs in an efficient manner
- Serving as the technical lead overseeing Consultant-level staff on a range of projects
- B.S. or M.S. in Chemical, Mechanical, Civil, or Environmental Engineering or science discipline (air quality course work is a plus)
- 5+ years of air quality or related experience
- Experience with FAA’s air quality modeling program AEDT
- Strong computing skills including high-level use of spreadsheets and word processing
- Strong written/verbal communication, problem-solving, and organization skills
- Ability to translate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated capabilities in understanding, interpreting, and applying environmental regulations to real-world situations
- Programming, database, and GIS skills are preferred but not required
- Burlington, MA
- Washington, DC
- Anaheim, CA
- New York, NY
- Remote locations will be considered on a case-by-case basis
HMMH offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and a positive work atmosphere. Our firm offers opportunities for professional development and career growth for strong performers. We are a Great Place To Work certified firm, demonstrating our commitment to creating an environment where employees take pride in their work, trust and respect their colleagues, and develop a strong camaraderie across the organization.
HMMH is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
HMMH is committed to helping our clients operate sustainably, and that includes addressing our own carbon footprint. HMMH strives to ensure a balance of people, planet, and profit in our business and is a proud corporate partner of the Good Traveler Program to offset our carbon emissions from travel.