Senior Aviation Environmental Services Consultant
HMMH offers a unique career opportunity for client-focused professionals with 5+ years of experience to provide support to our growing transportation planning and environmental practice.
HMMH addresses environmental issues at airports; since our founding in 1981, HMMH has delivered expert assistance to more than 200 airports worldwide. The focus of our Aviation Environmental Services Group is to analyze, evaluate, and find solutions for airport environmental issues. We prepare noise and air quality studies, develop sustainability plans, evaluate and develop mitigation plans for environmental impacts, contribute to environmental documentation, engage the public, and ensure regulatory compliance. Many of our consultants have backgrounds in aerospace/aviation, flight procedures, physics, math, engineering, environmental sciences, or other technical fields; those with aviation-related management or consulting experience are encouraged to apply at the senior consultant level.
We seek candidates with solid quantitative and technical writing backgrounds to join our firm. As a senior consultant at HMMH, you will have an opportunity to manage a range of project types and sizes, and lead teams of staff and subconsultants as you:
- Use your quantitative skills to analyze data to determine noise and air quality results
- Actively communicate with project team members as well as clients to contribute towards delivering high-quality technical documentation
- Find creative, technically sound, and appropriate solutions to technical problems
- Assist clients in compiling aircraft operations, correspondence, and land use data
- Present results of your work to clients and the public through in-person and virtual meetings
Specific duties include analyzing aircraft flight track databases and other aviation or environmental data sources to create the required inputs for modeling environmental effects around airports and in affected communities, preparation of reports and technical documents, communication of data to technical and non-technical audiences, management of all aspects of projects from contract review to project close-out, conducting research on aviation environmental and sustainability topics, and contributing to project proposals. Additional duties may include further statistical data reduction and flight track analysis to respond to specific client requests.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- BA, BS, or MS in a technical field (aerospace/aviation, physics, math, engineering, environmental sciences, or other technical fields)
- Strong quantitative, analytical skills, and communication skills
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Strong writing skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and collaborative communication skills
- Presentations of results to clients and public
- Experience utilizing GIS for data acquisition, analysis, and reporting functions
- Knowledge of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and environmental regulatory programs
- Data management and programming experience
- Interest in acoustics, aviation, and environmental issues
- Burlington, MA
- Washington, D.C.
- New York, NY
- Anaheim, CA
- Remote work option on a case-by-case basis
HMMH offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and a positive work atmosphere. Our firm offers opportunities for professional development and career growth for dedicated and strong performers. We are a Great Place To Work certified firm, demonstrating our commitment to creating an environment where employees take pride in their work, trust and respect their colleagues, and develop a strong camaraderie across the organization.
HMMH is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
HMMH is committed to helping our clients operate sustainably, and that includes addressing our own carbon footprint. HMMH strives to ensure a balance of people, planet, and profit in our business and is a proud corporate partner of the Good Traveler Program to offset our carbon emissions from travel.