Senior Noise & Vibration Consultant
HMMH is a trusted leader in the study, assessment, and mitigation of the impacts of new and existing transportation projects on communities. We provide consulting services to government and private sector clients related to aviation, highway, rail, transit, industrial, energy-generation, construction, military, recreational, and entertainment projects.
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Noise and Vibration Consultant in either a remote-working position or based out of one of our CA, MA, OR, TX, NY, or Washington D.C. offices.
This exciting position will provide support to our growing transportation planning and environmental practice. Since our founding in 1981, HMMH had addressed environmental impacts from transportation systems across the country. This position will focus on supporting environmental analyses of noise & vibration impacts from rail and highway projects. Assignments will range from support of small local projects to major projects in metropolitan areas across the country. Since HMMH is a national leader in transportation environmental noise and vibration analysis you will be involved in some of the most interesting and complex projects.
- Using your quantitative data analysis skills to evaluate transportation noise and vibration impacts
- Developing noise analysis in the FHWA’s Traffic Noise Model (TNM) and conducting railroad noise and vibration analysis following the FTA Guidance Manual.
- Developing model inputs, running TNM and SoundPLAN models, exporting and interpreting results.
- Conducting measurement programs and analyzing the data collected.
- Preparation of reports and technical documents
- Communication of model data to technical and non-technical audiences
- Conducting research on highway and railroad environmental and sustainability topics; and
- Contributing to the scoping and pricing for project proposals.
- 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Several years of experience with TNM and commercial noise modeling software such as SoundPLAN or CadnaA, preferably in a consulting environment
- BA or BS in a technical field (acoustics, engineering, physics, math, or environmental sciences)
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects effectively
- Computer modeling experience
- Experience with instrumentation for collecting sound level data
- Strong writing skills, mainly focused on reporting technical information for the non-technical person
- Ability to work both independently and within a project team
- Willingness to travel occasionally (up to 15%) for field measurements, conferences, and client meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience utilizing Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Knowledge of the National Environmental Policy Act and environmental regulatory programs
- Data management and programing experience
- Project management experience
- Interest in acoustics and environmental issues
- Remote, or one of HMMH’s offices, USA
HMMH offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and a positive work atmosphere. Our firm offers opportunities for professional development and career growth for dedicated and strong performers. We are a Great Place to Work certified firm, demonstrating our commitment to creating an environment where employees take pride in their work, trust and respect their colleagues, and develop a strong camaraderie across the organization.
HMMH is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. HMMH is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact HR Generalist Jason Rega at 781-852-3103 or jrega @hmmh.com.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the following:
- “EEO is the Law” Poster: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
- “EEO is the Law” Poster Supplement: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf