Aviation Modeler Consultant
HMMH is a trusted leader in the study, assessment, and mitigation of environmental impacts on communities from new and existing transportation infrastructure. We provide consulting services to government and private sector clients related to aviation, highway, rail, transit, industrial, construction, military, recreational, and entertainment projects.
We have an immediate opening for an Aviation Environmental Services Consultant – Noise and Air Quality Modeling in a hybrid position in one of our office locations. Office locations include: Burlington, MA; Washington D.C.; San Diego, CA ; Anaheim, CA; New York, NY.
This exciting position will provide support to our growing transportation planning and environmental practice with a focus in aviation. Since our founding in 1981, HMMH addresses environmental issues at airports, and has delivered expert assistance to more than 200 airports worldwide. The focus of our Aviation Environmental Services and Sustainability Group is to analyze, evaluate, and find solutions for challenging airport environmental and sustainability. We prepare noise and air quality studies, develop sustainability and climate action plans, evaluate and develop mitigation plans for environmental impacts, contribute to environmental documentation, engage stakeholders, and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Use your quantitative skills to analyze data, your creativity to develop sustainable solutions to client challenges, and your communication skills to ensure efficient solutions are implemented
- Analyze aircraft flight track databases and other aviation or environmental data sources to create the required inputs for modeling of noise around airports and affected communities
- Model air pollutant emissions, create inventories, analyze reduction pathways
- Contribute to polished written reports, technical documents, and presentations for non-technical audiences
- Find creative, technically sound, and appropriate solutions to technical problems
- Actively communicate with project team members and clients to deliver high quality technical documentation
- Interest in traveling to work with clients in-person (travel increases with experience)
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS in Aviation, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Data / Computer Science, or other related technical fields
- 0-5 years of relevant experience
- Creative thinker and strong writer
- Flexible – a collaborative team player but comfortable working independently as well
- Solid Excel and PowerPoint skills (knowledge of Tableau or similar data analytics / visualization programs is a bonus)
- Intellectual curiosity and interest in research
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Personal interest in aviation, environmental management, transportation, or travel
- Experience utilizing GIS for data acquisition, analysis, and reporting functions
- Experience with SQL or Python
- Knowledge of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and environmental regulatory programs
- Burlington, MA
- Washington, D.C.
- San Diego, CA
- Anaheim, CA
- New York, NY
HMMH offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and a positive work atmosphere. Our firm offers opportunities for professional development and career growth for dedicated and strong performers. We are a Great Place to Work certified firm, demonstrating our commitment to creating an environment where employees take pride in their work, trust and respect their colleagues, and develop a strong camaraderie across the organization.
HMMH is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. HMMH is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact HR Generalist Jason Rega at 781-852- 3103 or jrega@ hmmh.com.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the following:
• “EEO is the Law” Poster: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
• “EEO is the Law” Poster Supplement: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
• Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf