Staff Consultant, Surface Transportation
HMMH is a trusted leader in the study, assessment, and mitigation of the impacts of new and existing transportation projects on communities. We provide consulting services to government and private sector clients related to aviation, highway, rail, transit, industrial, construction, military, recreational, and entertainment projects.
We have an immediate opening for a Staff Consultant in our Surface Transportation group in a hybrid position out of one of the following offices: Burlington, MA; Anaheim, CA; Lake Oswego, OR.
This exciting position will provide support to our growing transportation planning and environmental practice. Since our founding in 1981, HMMH had addressed environmental impacts from transportation systems across the country. This position will focus on supporting environmental analyses of noise & vibration impacts from rail and highway projects. Assignments will range to include support of small local projects to major projects in metropolitan areas across the country.
- Contribute to proposals
- Participate in noise and vibration measurement trips
- Use your quantitative data analysis skills to evaluate noise, vibration, and air quality impacts
- Build and run complete Traffic Noise Model (TNM) files, develop Barrier analyses, and import TNM data into Impact Assessment and Barrier Analysis spreadsheets.
- Write technical memos and reports
- Lead tasks that are part of larger projects
- Interact with project team members and clients
- Other duties as assigned
- BA, BS, or MS in a technical field (acoustics, engineering, physics, math, or environmental sciences)
- 2+ years of technical work experience
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects effectively
- Computer modeling experience
- Strong writing skills, mainly focused on reporting technical information for the non-technical person
- Ability to work both independently and within a project team
- Willingness to travel occasionally (approximately 15%) for field measurements, conferences, and client meetings
- Desire to use physics, math, and/or engineering skills within an established and respected consulting firm with an emphasis on technical excellence, honesty, ethics, respect, teamwork, and professional development.
- Experience in air quality, vibration, and/or noise analysis
- Experience using GIS for data acquisition, analysis, and reporting functions
- Data management and programming experience (specifically SQL, Python)
- Previous consulting experience
- Burlington, MA
- Lake Oswego, OR
- Anaheim, CA
HMMH offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and a positive work atmosphere. Our firm offers opportunities for professional development and career growth for dedicated and strong performers. We are a Great Place to Work certified firm, demonstrating our commitment to creating an environment where employees take pride in their work, trust and respect their colleagues, and develop a strong camaraderie across the organization.
HMMH is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. HMMH is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact HR Generalist Jason Rega at 781-852-3103 or jrega @ hmmh.com.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the following:
- “EEO is the Law” Poster: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
- “EEO is the Law” Poster Supplement: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf