AEDT Aviation Noise Modeling Senior Consultant
HMMH is a trusted leader in the study, assessment, and mitigation of the impacts of new and existing transportation projects on communities. We provide consulting services to government and private sector clients related to aviation, highway, rail, transit, industrial, construction, military, recreational, and entertainment projects.
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Consultant - AEDT Aviation Noise and Air Quality Modeling, in a remote position.
This exciting position will provide support to our growing transportation planning and environmental practice. Since our founding in 1981, HMMH addresses environmental issues at airports. HMMH has delivered expert assistance to more than 200 airports worldwide. The focus of our Aviation Environmental Services Group is to analyze, evaluate, and find solutions for airport environmental issues. We prepare noise and air quality studies, develop sustainability plans, evaluate and develop mitigation plans for environmental impacts, contribute to environmental documentation, engage the public, and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Analyzing aircraft flight track databases and other aviation or environmental data sources to create the required inputs for modeling of environmental effects around airports and affected communities
- Developing noise and air quality studies in the FAA’s Aviation Environmental Design Tool (AEDT)
- Developing model inputs, running the AEDT model, exporting and interpreting results
- Preparation of reports and technical documents
- Communication of model data to technical and non-technical audiences
- Conducting research on aviation environmental and sustainability topics; and
- Contributing to project proposals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Several years of experience with FAA’s Aviation Environmental Design Tool (AEDT), preferably in a consulting environment
- BS or MS in a technical field (aerospace/aviation, physics, math, engineering, environmental sciences, or other technical fields)
- Strong quantitative, analytical skills and communication skills
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Strong writing skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and collaborative communication skills
- Ability to present results to clients and public
- Experience utilizing GIS for data acquisition, analysis, and reporting functions
- Knowledge of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and environmental regulatory programs
- Data management and programing experience
- Interest in acoustics, aviation, and environmental issues
- Remote, USA
HMMH offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and a positive work atmosphere. Our firm offers opportunities for professional development and career growth for dedicated and strong performers. We are a Great Place to Work certified firm, demonstrating our commitment to creating an environment where employees take pride in their work, trust and respect their colleagues, and develop a strong camaraderie across the organization.
HMMH is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. HMMH is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact HR Generalist Jason Rega at 781-852- 3103 or j rega@ hmmh.com.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the following
• “EEO is the Law” Poster: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
• “EEO is the Law” Poster Supplement: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
• Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf