Senior Managing Consultant
HMMH is a trusted leader in the study, assessment, and mitigation of environmental impacts on communities from new and existing transportation infrastructure. We provide consulting services to government and private sector clients related to aviation, highway, rail, transit, industrial, construction, military, recreational, and entertainment projects.
We have an immediate opening in the Aviation Environment and Sustainability Group for a Senior Managing Consultant in a fully remote position or hybrid position in one of our office locations. Office locations include: Burlington, MA; Washington D.C.; San Diego, CA; Anaheim, CA; New York, NY; Portland, OR; Dallas, TX.
This exciting position will provide support to our growing transportation planning and environmental practice with a focus in aviation. Since our founding in 1981, HMMH has delivered expert assistance to more than 200 airports worldwide. The focus of our Aviation Environmental Services and Sustainability Group is to analyze, evaluate, and find solutions for challenging issues faced by our airport clients. We prepare noise and air quality studies, develop sustainability management and climate action plans, prepare NEPA documentation, evaluate, and develop mitigation plans for environmental impacts, engage stakeholders, and ensure regulatory compliance.
The ideal candidate for this position will have at least eight (8) years of project management experience in an airport or aviation consulting environment, specifically with leading airport planning and environment projects and ensuring on-time and on-budget performance, strong quantitative and data analysis skills, effective oral and written communication and comfortable interacting with clients and the public.
- Manage a range of large and complex consulting projects and serve as a client service manager within the Aviation Environment and Sustainability Group with a focus on noise (ex. Part 150 or sound insultation projects), air quality, NEPA, sustainability, climate and other environmental topics for airports nationwide
- Use your quantitative skills to analyze data, management skills to lead teams of HMMH staff and subconsultants to deliver exceptional results to clients, communication skills to prepare and oversee development of documentation, and your creativity to identify solutions to unique problems
- Consistently look for new market opportunities and grow business opportunities in current markets
- Develop complex proposals
- Contribute to polished written reports, technical documents, and presentations for technical and non-technical audiences
- Develop and train staff in efficient and effective project management
- Ability to travel to work with clients in-person and attend conferences, meetings, and seminars (amount of travel time varies, but on average 10-15%)
- Other duties as assigned
- BS in Aviation, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Data / Computer Science, or other related technical fields
- 8+ years of relevant experience – specifically leading airport planning and/or environmental projects
- Experience managing people (staff and subconsultants)
- Creative thinker and interest in research
- Flexible – a collaborative team player but comfortable working independently as well
- Solid Excel and PowerPoint skills (knowledge of Tableau or similar data analytics / visualization programs is a bonus)
- Demonstrated effective writing skills, mainly focused on reporting technical information for the non-technical audience
- Attention to detail and ability to manage and work on multiple projects effectively
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Personal interest in aviation, airports, environmental management, transportation
- Project Management Certification (PMP)
- Experience utilizing GIS for data acquisition, analysis, and reporting functions
- Familiarity with AEDT for noise and/or air quality modeling
- Familiarity with SQL or Python
- Knowledge of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and environmental regulatory programs
- Remote, USA
- Burlington, MA
- Washington, D.C.
- San Diego, CA
- Anaheim, CA
- New York, NY
- Portland, OR
- Dallas, TX
HMMH offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and a positive work atmosphere. Our firm offers opportunities for professional development and career growth for dedicated and strong performers. We are a Great Place to Work certified firm, demonstrating our commitment to creating an environment where employees take pride in their work, trust and respect their colleagues, and develop a strong camaraderie across the organization.
HMMH is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. HMMH is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact HR Generalist Jason Rega at 781-852- 3103 or jrega@ hmmh.com.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the following:
• “EEO is the Law” Poster: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
• “EEO is the Law” Poster Supplement: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
• Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf