Aviation Air Quality Principal Consultant
Harris Miller Miller & Hanson Inc. (HMMH) is seeking an experienced and highly skilled Aviation Air Quality Principal Consultant to join our team. As an Air Quality Consultant, you will play a crucial role in leading and contributing to technically challenging air quality projects within the aviation sector. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in emissions modeling and inventory development, emission management and reduction planning, and air quality analysis for NEPA documents. In addition, the successful candidate will possess project management experience and will be comfortable overseeing both independent work and supervising small to large teams of technical and professional staff.
Your primary responsibility will involve working on environmental and planning projects across HMMH's practice areas, with a specific focus on aviation. You will be responsible for developing emissions inventories for criteria pollutants and greenhouse gases, conducting computer modeling of air pollution dispersion, performing statistical and geospatial analyses of air quality data, and analyzing mitigation measures. Additionally, you will contribute to the development of climate change strategy/action plans, goals, and modeling, as well as the establishment of science-based targets. Your expertise will also be instrumental in supporting environmental assessments and impact statements, critically reviewing and interpreting local, state, and federal environmental regulations.
- Develop comprehensive emissions inventories for both criteria pollutants and greenhouse gases.
- Utilize advanced computer modeling techniques to simulate and analyze air pollution dispersion.
- Conduct statistical and geospatial analyses of air quality data to identify trends and patterns.
- Assess and analyze various mitigation measures to identify effective strategies.
- Contribute to the development of climate change strategy/action plans, goals, and modeling.
- Provide support in environmental assessments and impact statements.
- Review and interpret local, state, and federal environmental regulations critically.
- Maintain strong client relationships and ensure timely and efficient delivery of project deliverables.
- Serve as the technical lead, overseeing Consultant-level staff on a variety of projects.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Civil, or Environmental Engineering or a related scientific discipline (additional air quality coursework is a plus).
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in air quality or a related field.
- Proficiency in the FAA's air quality modeling program AEDT.
- Strong computing skills, including advanced use of spreadsheets and word processing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a focus on problem-solving and organization.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated capability in understanding, interpreting, and applying environmental regulations to real-world situations.
- Programming, database, and GIS skills are preferred but not required.
- Remote or hybrid position available in one of our seven nationwide offices:
- Burlington, MA
- Lake Oswego, OR
- New York, NY
- Anaheim, CA
- San Diego, CA
- Dallas, TX
- Washington, DC
HMMH offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and a positive work atmosphere. Our firm values professional development and career growth for dedicated and high-performing individuals. We are proud to be a Great Place to Work certified firm, fostering an environment where employees take pride in their work, trust and respect their colleagues, and develop strong camaraderie across the organization.
HMMH is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and inclusion, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. HMMH is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in employment, services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, please contact HR Generalist Jason Rega at 781-852-3103 or jrega@ hmmh.com.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the following resources:
- “EEO is the Law” Poster: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
- “EEO is the Law” Poster Supplement: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf