NEPA EIS Specialist - Airports
Harris Miller Miller & Hanson Inc. (HMMH) is a trusted leader in the study, assessment, and mitigation of the impacts of new and existing transportation projects on communities. We provide consulting services to government and private sector clients related to aviation, highway, rail, transit, industrial, construction, military, recreational, and entertainment projects.
We have an immediate opening for an Airport NEPA Specialist with experience managing Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) project(s), to work in either a remote or hybrid setting out of one of our seven offices nationwide. The NEPA EIS Specialist will be responsible for providing overall project management of NEPA environmental review projects, including preparation, analysis, and review of related reports and technical studies. The incumbent will also oversee all aspects of the NEPA process, from scoping and public involvement to preparation of the final EIS. This position will require a strong understanding of NEPA requirements and procedures and public engagement, as well as experience with environmental planning and analysis.
- Provide overall project management of NEPA environmental review projects
- Prepare, analyze, and review related reports and technical studies
- Oversee all aspects of the NEPA process, from scoping and public involvement to preparation of the final EIS
- Stay up-to-date on NEPA requirements and procedures
- Work with a variety of stakeholders, including government agencies, the public, and private sector interests
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Analyze and interpret data
- Prepare clear and concise reports
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Other duties as assigned
- Master's degree in environmental science, planning, or a related field
- 8+ years of experience with NEPA or environmental planning – preferably with airport or aviation experience
- 1+ years of experience with NEPA EIS for Airport
- Strong understanding of NEPA requirements and procedures
- Experience with environmental data collection and analysis
- Experience with public involvement and outreach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Remote, USA, or Hybrid in one of the following cities:
- Burlington, MA
- New York, NY
- Washington D.C.
- Dallas, TX
- San Diego, CA
- Anaheim, CA
- Lake Oswego, OR
HMMH offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and a positive work atmosphere. Our firm offers opportunities for professional development and career growth for dedicated and strong performers. We are a Great Place to Work certified firm, demonstrating our commitment to creating an environment where employees take pride in their work, trust and respect their colleagues, and develop a strong camaraderie across the organization.
HMMH is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. HMMH is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact HR Generalist Jason Rega at 781-852- 3103 or jrega@ hmmh.com.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the following
• “EEO is the Law” Poster: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
• “EEO is the Law” Poster Supplement: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
• Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf