Senior Proposal Manager
Harris Miller Miller & Hanson Inc. (HMMH) is a trusted leader in the study, assessment, and mitigation of environmental impacts of new and existing transportation projects on communities. With a wide range of clients in the government and private sectors, HMMH provides consulting services for aviation, highway, rail, transit, industrial, construction, military, recreational, and entertainment projects.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Senior Proposal Manager to join our dynamic team. The candidate will be responsible for the end-to-end proposal development process and working with technical subject matter experts in developing and delivering highest quality winning proposals. The ideal candidate will have exceptional proposal management skills, excellent communication and teamworking skills, and a proven track record of leading successful proposal efforts.
- Lead the proposal development lifecycle, including capture planning, strategizing, organizing, and executing proposals in collaboration with the Technical Capture Manager, internal teams, and subject matter experts.
- Develop and implement proposal strategies aligned with business objectives, market trends, and customer requirements, effectively positioning HMMH to win competitive bids.
- Oversee the development of compelling, clear, and concise proposal content, ensuring adherence to established guidelines, compliance, and consistent messaging.
- Lead and assist with oversight of proposal activities, including establishing and managing proposal schedules and deadlines, developing proposal outlines, and monitoring progress.
- Write, review, and edit original content for clarity, compliance, and key messages, collaborating with technical staff.
- Review proposal drafts and final documents to ensure responsiveness, compliance and quality.
- Support follow-up questions, oversee client interview preparation, and provide coaching support.
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify emerging trends, competitive landscape, potential customer needs, and provide insights to inform business development initiatives.
- Identify and qualify potential leads and prospects through various channels, including networking events, online research, and referrals.
- Track and manage the award pipeline, from lead generation to deal closure, ensuring accurate forecasting and timely follow-up with prospects to drive conversion.
- Graphic Design: draft creative covers, update org charts, call out boxes, edit headshots, create tables etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in English, business administration, marketing, or a related field. MBA or advanced degree is a plus.
- 8+ years of experience in proposal management, in the environmental consulting, Architectural Engineering and Construction (AEC) industry, or a related filed; experience with federal government contract proposals is preferred.
- Proven track record of leading successful proposal efforts.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build rapport with multidisciplinary teams.
- Exceptional project management skills, with the ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and lead team, managing cross-functional collaboration and coordination.
- Proficiency in using CRM software, proposal management tools, and sales tracking tools to manage leads, opportunities, and proposal development.
- Proficient in Canva, Adobe Creative Suite, Cosential, etc.
- Remote, or a hybrid position available in one of our seven nationwide offices:
- Burlington, MA
- Lake Oswego, OR
- New York, NY
- Anaheim, CA
- San Diego, CA
- Dallas, TX
- Washington, DC
HMMH offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and a positive work atmosphere. Our firm values professional development and career growth for dedicated and high-performing individuals. We are proud to foster an environment where employees take pride in their work, trust and respect their colleagues, and develop strong camaraderie across the organization.
HMMH is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and inclusion, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. HMMH is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in employment, services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact HR Generalist Jason Rega at 781-852-3103 or jrega@ hmmh.com.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the following resources: “EEO is the Law” Poster: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
- “EEO is the Law” Poster Supplement: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf